Friday, March 15, 2019

Raising a toddler

So life with a 2 year old is so much fun with all the little things they do, say and are learning, but it can also be extremely challenging and frustrating.  Keira for the most part is always sweet, and loving and hugging,  but there are those moments when you ask, what just happened to my sweet little girl? 

I know that evening seems to be the time when things get the most challenging, and it's the time of day when we start to stress because it feels like there is so much to get done and try to get to bed at a reasonable hour.  I found myself getting frustrated, especially once 5pm hit and our 3 golden retrievers start bugging me to eat (and they eat all raw which takes a little more time, but they are so healthy). Then we have the horses to take care of...then feed the kiddo and finally maybe ourselves if we're lucky.   I'll be the first to admit that sometimes a glass of wine at 5pm takes the stress off and give the mentality that it will all get done and let's just sit and play with the baby, who it the most frustrated since she just want my attention, but I'm running around trying to get it all done. 

Either way, I'm always trying to figure out the best way to handle the toddler temper that can occur at any time of the day.  I read a great book called the The Happiest Toddler on the Block which has been helpful.   But I also wanted to share a great article I just came across.  I am alway intrigued with Native cultures and the way they live and I thought this is a very helpful way at handling anger in toddlers... https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2019/03/13/685533353/a-playful-way-to-teach-kids-to-control-their-anger

No comments:

Post a Comment